Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Seward County Supplement

Here is a copy of the 240 page "Seward County Nebraska Supplement" that was published by the Seward County Genealogical Society in 1983. Jane Graff was the principal author of this supplement as well as the original 535 page document. This supplement focuses on the Towns, Churches, Church schools, Public School Districts, Homes and Organizations within the County.This supplement was published in the year following the larger document and seems to cover the 99 rural public school districts particularly well. My old Distict 13 covers nearly a full page with  pictures of the buildings and the students.They also list the teachers. I saw my sister Vivian's name in a couple schools. My Dad went to District 13 as well and I could identify his teachers. I even sat in his desk-chair one year. I knew it was his because of the initials carved into the desktop. There is a nice picture of Elaine's Dad. Albert Flowerday being interviewed by Bill MacDonald on KFAB at one of the Seward Grange Conservation Field Days. There is also a nice story on the Seward Kiwanis Club that was organized in 1965 as an "organization of business and professional men to serve others and enjoy fellowship". How things have changed with the current leadership of the Seward Kiwanis Club all women.

No comments:

Post a Comment