Thursday, March 26, 2020

A Memorial Coors

Would you believe that we still have 5 cans of Coors beer from the case of 24 that we moved up here to Brookdale when we moved in on September 1, 2017. Elaine has been "Pesterning me" about getting it cleaned out so I got out a can last evening and drank it. It seemed to have it's old flavor and it went down well. I did have to go to the bathroom an extra time that I chalked up to the Coors. I'm sure much of the "case" was drank when Brother Don and Gladys were up to visit us. With Don having passed on at the end of last year, I will drink the remaining cans in memory of him. It just never occurred to me that he may get to the promise land ahead of me. It's been right at 3 months since his passing and I still miss him every day. I have a friend here in Brookdale who was with the O'Neil, NE School System for a number of years. I've told him of Sarah being engaged to Mathew and going to be teaching school up there this fall. My friend tells me that the Kelly's are big farmers up there and are good people. I'm sure Don would be proud of her future.

No comments:

Post a Comment