Sunday, March 26, 2017

Dana Altman's Oregon Ducks in Final Four

We're down to the Final 4. North Carolina's 75-73 win over Kentucky fills it out along with South Carolina, Gonzaga and Oregon. I will be rooting for Oregon and have been since Duke got beat but also favor North Carolina. I use the 64 team Bracket more to keep track of scores and winners than to guess at all games before the tournament begins. I fill out my bracket round at a time. I missed 7 times out of the first round of 32 winners, 4 out of the Sweet 16, 2 of the elite 8 and 1 of the final 4. My system has no role in the competition of "Bracketology" but for me it has meaning in continuing the selection from among those still in the game. I worked back in the '90's with Dana Altman's Father-in-Law. At that time, Dana was coaching in Missouri. I learned a lot about the young man who grew up in Wilber, the "Czech Capitol" of Nebraska. Coach Altman has a great following of friends here, after several years at Creighton, before going west.

No comments:

Post a Comment