Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Bird Feed & Affordable Health Care

This picture was taken on March 10, 2013 and I could have taken the same one this morning. We woke up to a covering of snow and it continued through the morning as it warmed up enough to melt off our driveway. I devoted my day to doing what is necessary to take out Income Tax info to our Tax Consultant. While I listed 1099's as they arrived, I put all pertinent information on a sheet to help Ken with his getting the correct info on the Tax Forms. I must admit to getting lost with some of the Edward Jones investments material. The Ameritrade material is also a challenge. With all the publicity of Health Care in D. C. these days, it's comforting to have Medicare and BC/BS as a supplement. We have had the BC/BS for many years dating back to when it became available to Federal employees. We carried "Self and Family" while our kids were home and until regulations were revised a year or so ago.  Elaine and I can now be covered by "Self and One" at a small reduction in price. We have been very fortunate over the years in the amount of claims we have made, and yet for a couple major operations, it was certainly well we had the coverage. I have no idea what the cost/benefit ration may be because of the spread between what Medical facilities list as their "price" and what they accept as payment from insurance. I certainly don't know enough about the arguments being made about the ACA (Affordable Care Act) and the current proposals to make any suggestions, but believe it's a much more complicated problem than those who were anxious to repeal "Obamacare" recognized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment