Thursday, June 25, 2015

It Was a Very Happy Birthday

Elaine was up early this morning and had a plate of Chocolate Chip Cookies baked and ready for me to take along down to Coffee at the Bank. Jay, Rich, Tom, Dick and Larry all enjoyed them. Larry had an opportunity to enlighten us on how property taxes are assessed on real estate in California. Dick told of some of the remodeling they are doing on a house they bought recently, and I responded to a question on the difference 10 years makes when one gets to be my age. Francis called to continue the ritual of our wishing each other a Happy Birthday; something we have done for the last 20 years or so. Janice and Larry went along with Elaine and I as we did our normal “Home Delivered Meals” route. 
Our last delivery is near the Senior Center where the Monthly Potato Bake was in progress. We joined the 225 people who participated today before they ran out of potatoes. We did a lot of visiting this afternoon, enjoyed reading Birthday Cards, visited WalMart for a few things and joined family at the Quonset in Staplehurst for an evening meal. They then all stopped by our house for a dish of ice cream. It will go down in my records as a very Happy Birthday. Some years ago, I compiled a listing of what happened on my birthdays. I started keeping a 5-year Diary on my 15th birthday and with the exception of 2 1/2 years have continued to keep a Daily Journal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment