Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Life History

This  is the last of over 150 similar picture collages that I have made during the last 25 years and scanned during the past couple months. These collages along with a page of captions for each sheet, were put on a DVD today. This represents one phase of a project of getting family history and pictures on a medium that will enable them to be passed on to future generations. I understand that a Flash Drive may be a more appropriate storage item than the DVDs but the final "product" is sometimes a way. I have already written and printed 21 Chapters of my Autobiography which goes to December 31, 1991. From then on I have written a "Narrative" for each year. These too have been printed and are in binders with the collages and captions. The Chapters and Narratives add up to over 800 typed, single spaced pages. While they include some stories of my employment days, I also have written "My Career in SCS".  It contains 10 Chapters from 3/25/1948 to 6/28/1980 and consists of over 200,000 words. I have put it on a DVD and shared at least part of it with fellow USDA Soil Conservation Service employees. (Now called NRCS, Natural Resources Conservation Service)
 We have certainly appreciated all the pictures and information that have been passed on to us. Regardless of its value to others, I can't think of anything to be  working on  that I would enjoy more than this stuff. It along with my daily blog, writing in my Journal  and normal activity, keeps me busy. We are limiting our involvement in Brookdale activities because of the Flu.

1 comment: