Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Adjustment

I just came in from this setting out on our Patio with 83 degree temperature to write this blog while watching ESPN cover several baseball games underway by switching to where the most action is taking place. After being up here in Brookdale for nearly 9 months, we have come a long way in making the adjustment. It has not only been a change from the house where we lived for many years but also the adjustment to our having "aged" during the past couple years. We were down to Walmart this afternoon and I took advantage of setting on a bench to "catch my breath" after pushing a cart around the store. My brother Don called and told of having shot his age playing golf this morning. He is four and a half years younger than me. Those number of years make a lot of difference at our age. I quit playing at his age and began to feel like I was aging more rapidly soon after. 
I think our oldest son, Verlon will be proud of the fact that I have this radio on our table tuned to Nebraska's NPR station. While our meals are furnished here, we still have our oatmeal here in the unit and listen to the radio as we have breakfast . I also have my little transistor radio in the bathroom tuned to NPR which I listen to while shaving, etc.While we watch sports and some news on TV, I really appreciate the perspective that NPR brings to the listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment