Tuesday, May 15, 2018

I Voted Today

I voted today and for the first time in memory, voted against more names on the ballot than I voted for. I was pleased to vote for Mark Kolterman for his second term as our State Senator. We have generally voted for candidates from both major parties at the General Election in November. However, if registered as a Republican, the only ones you see on the Primary ballot are Republicans. I didn't vote for those office holders I didn't approve of if they were running unopposed. If they had competition, I voted for their challenger. There were no County Office holders on the ballot. The Upper Big Blue Natural Resources District has added a second "at large" position and their were 4 or 5 candidates for each of them. I served a couple terms on that Board in the late '80's and kept up with their activities for several years following but must admit that I didn't recognize a name for either position, so left them both blank. The top two for each of these two positions will be on the general election ballot and I will find out more about them. The General Election will be more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment