Thursday, May 17, 2018

Laurel-Yanny

Marv Taylor asked, as we finished dinner this noon, if I wanted to ride with him out to Goehner, NE where he needed to pick up a Kiwanis telescopic Flag Pole for repair. I took advantage of his offer to see rows of 4" high corn and alfalfa over a foot high. We were back to Brookdale for me to get to Rosellen's demonstration of making
Bacon Brownies. She had a good audience of people watching as she mixed up the batter for the Brownies. She had a pound of "well done" bacon in a couple plastic bags that she was able to break into small pieces by squeezing the bags. She scattered some chipped nuts over the batter in the big pan and then carefully scattered the bacon chips over the batter. While she put it in the oven to bake, she brought out a pan baked earlier and served it to us. It was good but the bacon didn't come through to me. I told her that while a delicious cake can be made with items that were not tasty alone, I liked the bacon better alone than in the Brownies. Some could taste the Bacon. Like hearing Laurel and Yanny, we are all different.

No comments:

Post a Comment