Thursday, November 30, 2017

Encouraging Day

Jim was honored at Brookdale at the 2:30pm November Birthday Party. Jim was given a gift from management and all of us sang Happy Birthday to him. He is the "Handy man" here that helps us fix, change, or move anything in our apartments that we need help with. We have called on him at least 6-7 times since we have been here. There were some 50 people at the party that enjoyed cake and the music of 3 fellows from Lincoln who played Guitars, Banjo's and sang. It was a busy day for us with making plans with Dan to pick up our 100 USDA Ag Yearbooks and take them to the Lincoln Office where son Jon has made arrangements for them.  Carolyn and I met with Chuck at the house and talked about it eventually being put on the market. I also had an appointment with Dr. Rudersdorf who had the results of my over-night sleep test. I told him of the Medical Supply people bringing out equipment next week to get me started on it. He said the test showed that I definitely need it. He gave me encouragement that it would help relieve my shortness of breath and lack of energy that I have experienced over the past year of two. We have enjoyed this evening with NET's  WWII music of the Big Bands, Andrew Sisters, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment