Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A Picture in Lieu of ---

We were down at the house late this afternoon where Elaine had 2 loads of washing to do. Our cleaning lady is in the hospital with an ankle injury so we miss her laundry and cleaning. I sorted through some old books and papers and brought up all of the remaining cassette tapes. Just even sorting them out will require some time. I noticed one of Julie singing, "Somewhere out There", which will bring tears when I play it. I shot these 4 pictures near our front door as we were leaving. These items like the post cards, will have at best, a picture to look at of things we took for granted but were important to us.  The Flowerday butcher kettle has been with us since 1956. Jerry Hemphill did the 4" wooden pallet for hose storage just a few years ago. The part of one of the fins from the old
Dempster windmill wheel came from the old Vrana farm. As a kid, I remember when it was new and picked this up out there some years ago. The "River Rocks" are part of a small collection that we accumulated over the years in our travels. I used a couple of them on my desk while in Washington, D.C. for paper weights.  I may keep a couple of them.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to add to my comment, but deleted it instead! I'll try again! I would think that some of these things could be part of your patio area. You really should keep the windmill blade (or I will if you don't want it). Do you know how much the kettle weighs?

      Delete