Monday, November 27, 2017

Joy to the World

Carolyn brought Sadie and Jack over to put ornaments on our Christmas tree. It was almost ironic that Cathy Blythe interviewed a lady on her KFOR program this morning that had written a book on the importance of teaching kids to do household task at a young age. As I watched Carolyn work with these two, I thought it a perfect example of teaching youngsters responsibility.  We were too particular when our kids were young to let them do such task. Sadie has already developed a sense of how things should be arranged. Jack isn't concerned about looks, if he can find a place to "hang it", that's all that's necessary.  Having them around really brightens up the home of Great-Grandparents and it gives the kids a feeling of helping us.
While we will have several of my Model, cars, trucks, and tractors on our Auction, the Texaco trucks that were on the display shelves for several years have now become Jack's toys. He even came back with Carolyn this evening and brought me peanuts while I worked on the computer. He went along to see the people we eat with and brought some joy to many Grandparents. Jack even did his "walk like Granddad" which I hope didn't offend anyone. I'm not sure they caught on or where he was reminded to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment