Monday, November 13, 2017

Change is Sometimes Questionable

This picture of the off-street parking in the front yard of our first house came up today while making selections for our 2017 collages. I have selected some 120 pictures in each of the last 20 years, and put them on 3 or 4 collage pages. While I put all of our pictures on DVDs, the printed collages of selected ones are a quick way of getting an impression of our activities during the year. I got started on the project a bit earlier this year with having moved to this Independent Living Retirement Home. We are continuing to go through the adjustment process of downsizing and giving up many of our possessions and the lifestyle we enjoyed for many years.
When I set down at my PC and work on pictures, it's one of the few things that I can do exactly like I did before we moved. That is the reason I take time-out from getting ready for our Auction and getting things sorted out, to do it. I should add that writing  blogs on my laptop are also similar to what I did before. The upper picture was taken in April of this year and the lower one in 1954. It was also my Folks first home after getting married in 1920. We sold it to Elaine's folks who had it for years. It has a lot of family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment