Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas in Brookdale

Thanks to Carolyn for bringing up our Christmas tree, etc. and getting it set up in our living room here at Brookdale. We had some problem with one string of lights and the Angle but got it all going this evening. This picture was taken with my camera using the flash. I also took one on the camera without the flash. It is interesting to note the difference. I personally like this one best. The tree still doesn't have ornaments but Carolyn plans to bring Sadie and Jack up sometime this week to do that chore. That will be a real treat getting to see them on task and hearing their conversation. Carolyn also hung some pictures up here this afternoon. As I set here, one of the pictures within my view, is of the snow covered Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado. We took it on our way back to Seward from our wedding trip to California in June of 1949. Another newly hung picture is my "Lone Wolf"  that I inherited from Aunt Dorothy and hung for years in the Grandpa Walker house when I was a boy.  Looking at it, helps me visualize exactly where it hung in their upstairs. 
The picture to the right was taken without the flash. Here is the "Lone Wolf". I didn't recon with all the reflection of bathroom cabinets and me in the Wolf picture but that comes with it on the blog page at no added cost. We still have a way to go with pictures on these walls but what has been done is real pleasing. I'm sure more will be put up in the near future. We have more pictures than wall space so hopefully will be able to switch some around as we may have different feelings for them. That process has already began with switching the "Yawning Boy" from our bedroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment