Friday, November 10, 2017

Brookdale Activity

With moving into the 3rd month of our being in Brookdale, we took advantage of some of the features today that are offered. Frank Hronik, Tony Dolezal, Bert Hernacek, Elmer Nemec and others entertained this afternoon in the Dining room. Elmer and Bert also sang the Czech words to many of the songs that Dad played on his accordion. Frank mentioned that he could sing and he could play the accordion, but he couldn't do both at the same time. I wondered if Dad had that same problem because I don't remember of ever hearing him sing while playing his accordion. As they played the "Green Meadow" waltz and "When we Parted",
it seemed that music can condense time and space to where I felt close to hearing and of Dad being in our presence. We got around good time this morning and walked down to the exercise room.  I adjusted the "Nu Ride" after the picture was taken, to where I fit better, but didn't ride long. I do expect to become much more of a regular on it. Holly stopped by to visit this evening. She is the lady that helped Elaine get through her bout with digestive problems a couple weeks ago. We learned that her husband, is a Grandson of Ralph Fenster. His dad was Duane. My brother Jerry was a good friend of Verle, one of the 4 Fenster boys. Dad even farmed their land during the time the folks lived on the Sandusky farm.


1 comment: