Sunday, November 5, 2017

My Models

This model of a '48 Fleetline Chevy 2-door was one of the first in my collection. It depicts the car that my parents bought from Sahn Chevrolet here in Seward on my Mother's 48th birthday. It was blue instead of red but brings back happy memories. Elaine and I drove it to California on our wedding trip in June of 1949. While we had shelves on which to display our many models of cars, trucks, tractors, etc. it is necessary to put many of them on our up-coming Auction. This one however, will be one of the few that I will be keeping. We are reducing the inventory down to those that have particular meaning and memories to us. Another is a '41 Chevy convertible. My first car was not a convertible but a '41 Chevy.
Mine was a Coach but even had the decoration on the front fenders as this model. We bought it off a Used Car Lot in Lincoln and had been driven many more miles than shown on the speedometer. It was Elaine and my car until we traded it in on a new '52 Chevy Coach from Sahn's. It too will be a keeper along with a '48 Ford Pickup truck. This is a model of the truck I drove while beginning my career with the USDA Soil Conservation Service (SCS) in the spring of 1948. I was able to personalize it with the addition of the Agency seal on the door. It seams that one of the new seals was attached to a black, hard sided briefcase of mine in a meeting with a large group of Administrative employees. I later took a picture of it and sized it to fit the model. These are 3-keepers but there will be 30-40 on the Auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment