Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Birthday Jon

I posted a picture of Jon on Facebook this morning to recognize his birthday. We have had a practice for some years of sending each of our kids and their mates a check in an amount related to their age, for their birthday. But Jon won't get one this year on his birthday. We are quickly picking up on the adage that the less you have to do, the less you do. We forgot about his birthday coming up until yesterday when we got his check in the mail. (We didn't forget you Jon, just your birthday). I was also able to send him greetings via the smart phone by speaking vocally and sending it as a written message. I could become quite a pest to friends and relatives as I perfect my use of that technique. I also sent him a picture of Jeromy helping serve Dinner in an inflated Turkey suit. Jon thought it weird.
Jeromy told me that there is a little battery powered blower in the suit that keeps it inflated. He is the son of Holly, the Care Giver here, and does a lot of "chores" for people, like walking their dogs, etc. We didn't leave the building again today and participated in a group singing session with Ellie on the piano. There were some 10-12 of us with only a few men. We spent some time in an old general song book singing the likes of, "I've Been Working on the Railroad" where one of the fellows blew a whistle at the appropriate time. We switched to a religious book and sang several of the old favorites including "Beautiful Savior" and "How Great Thou Art" among others. That helped round out a pretty full day. Brother Don called this morning and we had a good visit. I envy his still playing golf but the 4 1/2 years difference in age shows up. I sent a note to the Plugger this evening saying that: "You know you're a Plugger when you thread your belt through the loops of your clean pants before you put them on". I do it which is much easier than reaching back with a bum shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment