Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Every Day a Holiday

The food staff at Brookdale converted the Dining room into a "small town eatery" this noon by placing Menu slips at each place on the tables and brought the cooking equipment out into the room.  They then proceeded to serve each of us by filling our orders. I had Orange Juice, Coffee, French toast, Bacon and a Fried Egg. We also had Peach Cobbler for dessert. While the Menu was somewhat limited, the food was excellent and it was a welcomed change from the normal most courteous serving. Not only that, they served the Bacon cooked just the way I like it. If it's rigid, it's overcooked in my judgement.
We had a couple other things to do downtown and stopped by the house for a while. I sorted out these books and we dropped them off at Etc. on our way home. The "Prize one" is "The Nature of Nebraska" by Paul Johnsgard. I hope someone else has a chance to enjoy it while learning about our many Nature blessing in this state. I brought some other books along up here to look at. One is a big "American Automobile" book that has many pictures of cars from 1919 through 1974. I learned that Henry Ford shut down the assembly line for 6 months as they prepared to introduce the Model A in early 1928. It includes a beautiful picture of a 1937 Chevy that brings back a lot of memories as does the '41 Chevy.

No comments:

Post a Comment