Sunday, November 19, 2017

A Good Day

This was an interesting day. We were up ahead of the sun and read the Lincoln paper after our Oatmeal breakfast at the table. Following our morning "chores" and listening to Plymouth Congregational Church services in Lincoln while shaving, etc., I set out to see if I could get my little wooden elephant back together. It had fully fallen apart in a plastic bag while moving. I had spent some time on it last night, made some progress, and finally got it figured out this morning. We had an excellent Dinner this noon with a Jello/Apricot salad, Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, mixed string beans, scalloped potatoes, bread, coffee and Angle Food Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream. I did some work in cleaning up things in my computer room
and had a short nap. Then worked on the computer listing of the additional phonograph records to my earlier list. I even played one of the Ernie Kuceria records and wished Jack was here to enjoy it. I also worked at the computer in scanning, processing and filing pictures. Elaine even brought out some Vanilla Ice Cream with Peanuts and Chocolate syrup as I write this. A day like today makes us appreciate that our life  following our Careers, years of golf and Public Service, this is a very logical progression where we can still enjoy many activities without physical work.




No comments:

Post a Comment