Tuesday, November 22, 2016

History of Jon's Birthday

Today is son Jon's 62nd birthday. I pulled my old  (1953-57)Daily Diary off the shelf to read about the day he was born and the day preceding his birth with our visiting Don and Gladys to help celebrate Kathy's birthday. It is interesting how many "life changing" events occurred and are recorded during the 5 years of this Diary. This is one of 7 that I filled before switching to the Daily Journal where I have had a full page to record daily activities. Back in these early days, I didn't have time to write more than these 4-lines/day. 
This is a picture of the 3 boys and I, out at the Hughes Cabin in October of 1989 where we had a family gathering honoring Mother and Dad's 69th wedding anniversary as well as celebrating Dad's 93rd birthday. Jon's had just moved back to Seward while he and Mary both worked in Lincoln. So this could have also been a "Welcome Home" and Birthday Celebration for Jon as well. It was probably the first time the 4 of us had played ball together for a number of years, and I don't recall having all played ball together since. It was reminiscent of the many ball games and picnics we had down along the Potomac when we lived back in Virginia and the kids were young. Those were the Good Ole Days. 

1 comment:

  1. On this 62nd birthday, I am proud to say that I continue to follow my dad's wisdom and guidance and have more than 40 years in the agency. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for giving me such a great life!!

    ReplyDelete