Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Scrapbook of Memories

This newspaper clipping on the announcement of my sister's Wedding came from the scrapbook of an old friend. Jack and I were HS classmates and his sister kept the scrapbook of his athletic prowess but also included Engagements, Weddings, Birthdays, Obituaries, etc. I became aware of the scrapbook some 10 years ago while visiting Jack in one of our local care facilities. We even borrowed it from him a few years later and looked through it. Jack and I were the last survivors of our HS graduating class. At his funeral a couple years ago, I asked his oldest son what might happen to the book. He said, " I don't know many people in it, do you want it??" I said that I would be honored to have it which should someday find a home in the Seward County Museum. A few days later he brought it out to us. It has been on a shelf in our lower level and this afternoon, I went through it again. That is where I came across this picture of Janice and the announcement of her wedding in June 1956 to Larry. They have lived in California for many years and are planning to celebrate their 60th anniversary this summer by taking their family and grandchildren to Alaska. And, Janice doesn't look much different today than the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment