Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sister Vivian’s Birthday

The 28th day of December will always be the day of my sister Vivian’s birthday. She and I were 18 months apart as is shown in this picture with our Mother’s brother Ralph Walker. We are apparently out in a Wheat field that has been cut with a binder and the bundles put in  shocks awaiting to be thrashed. I would have been about 2 at the time and Vivian 3 1/2.  Ralph was 4 or 5 years older than Vivian. I don’t know whose hat I’m looking at but it probably was Ralph’s. I’m surprised that Vivian wasn’t involved in getting me to look at the camera. She developed “Motherly” skills at a very young age and looked after me during my “youth” as only a big sister could. We all miss her as she left us too soon 6 years ago. She kept me out of a lot of trouble and may have even been instrumental in our getting into some. We had a very close sister-brother relationship over the years. She and her late husband Eddy, shared birthdays on this day and I still miss them both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment