Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dr. Don Henslee, My Urologist

This morning I met with my Urologist, Dr. Don Henslee who comes out from Lincoln to Seward's Specialty Clinic once a month. I have been seeing him every 6 months since soon after my Prostate surgery in 1992. Dr. Bromfield did the surgery and retired soon after. Dr Henslee replaced him at the Urology Center. We have gotten to know each other very well over the years. He is the type of Doctor (person) that you feel very comfortable talking with about very personal things. This morning we talked about his spending some extra time with a patient which made him late getting to me. It was apparent that his compassion for patients far exceeds his need to watch the clock to time appointments. He gave me a prescription this morning to hopefully help a minor problem and during the past year he has recommended some significant scans, but at many of the appointments we just visit. I have always come home  feeling better about my condition than when I go. This morning he indicated the ultimate in optimism by suggesting I might share my 100th birthday celebration with his retirement party. How's that for optimism in looking ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that is good advice! I believe you and Elaine should plan to go to Alaska with our family in 2016 to celebrate our 60th anniversary - that would be your 90th birthday and we could all celebrate together! Maybe get Don & Gladys to go too! Wouldn't that be a celebration??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had such a good report, Dad!

    ReplyDelete