Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cattle Bank 140 Year Anniversary

We enjoyed the Cattle National Bank and Trust 140 year Anniversary picnic dinner this evening. Seward Street was blocked off with tables set up in the street as well as the parking lot north of the bank. Serving tables were set up in the alley where pulled pork sandwiches were served with barbecue sauce, chips, cookies and drinks (water). The "Firehouse Five +2" provided "Dinner music" that included Polkas and other great tunes. The Seward Community has been well served by the CNB over the years and is the 2nd oldest bank in the State. It was where I opened my first bank account back in 1948 when I went to work for USDA Soil Conservation Service. Prior to that I just kept my money in a Calumet Baking Powder Can and kept it hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment