Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Visitors and Conservation

We had Sadie and Jack at our house for a while this afternoon and it didn't take long for Jack to lead Elaine into the Kitchen and the cookies. Sadie joined in the "party" as well. She asked me which button on the remote turned the TV on and then she found her favorite channels. I even got interested in one of them that showed the only range in the world that supports wild horses. It is in Africa though I always thought there were some areas in Wyoming. Jack likes wearing his overalls and is pretty agile in dropping them down by slipping both straps off his shoulders without unfastening them. Sadie does a lot of tutoring with Jack. He has many of the same advantages I had growing up by having a sister a couple years older. Jack wasn't the only one to wear overalls here at Brookdale today. We had a "Hoe Down" dinner this noon with many dressed in their "farmer clothes" and straw hats. I put on my Denim jeans and a western, flannel shirt with the shirt tail out. Some of the "costums" were pretty clever. They played Country Western music during the meal of a big Bratwurst sandwich.
We also enjoyed our brief visit with Julie as she brought and picked up the kids. We are so fortunate to have them here in Seward as well as Carolyn and Ben. I did have a good telephone conversation and email with Jon this evening. I continue to seek guidance on Windows 10 from him and always enjoy hearing about what he is doing in USDA.  The importance of utilizing our natural resources on a sustainable basis is probably more widely recognized today than it was back in my "working days", but the procedures for striving to achieve that goal continues to be a challenge. Like many difficult goals, success can be counted by progress toward the goal, and I believe we are making progress in our Soil and Water Conservation.



No comments:

Post a Comment