Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The 18th of April``

One of my Dad's sisters was sitting around the supper table with us out at the farm when I was about 10 years old. My homework included Longfellow's "Paul Revere's Ride". As I read the line, "the 18th of April in '75, hardly a man is now alive", My Mother interrupted me by saying, Grandpa Vrana would have been alive at that time. After some jousting around, it was recognized that there was a mix-up in centuries. Grandpa was born in 1863, Paul Revere rode in 1775. It is a childhood memory of my Mother making a mistake and turning it into a joke. The memory is so vivid that I made a effort to get a picture of the Old North Church while in Boston 45 years later.
  (There are additional verses to the poem which I didn't copy)

1 comment:

  1. have a great day...

    https://scienceleisure.blogspot.com/2018/04/database-security.html

    ReplyDelete