Thursday, April 19, 2018

Flags to Fun

My long-time friend and fellow Brookdale resident, picked me up this morning to take a replacement  US flag out to Ray Bieber. Ray has a nice home in a beautiful setting on an 80 acre farm SE of Garland. I have written blog pages before involving Ray which can be viewed by listing his name in the search box on The Crow's Nest, home page. He too is an old friend that goes back to Chemistry 101 at UN-L in the late 50's. While we have appreciated not having to leave our building during the cold, winter days, it was great to drive out into the hills. At the time I worked for USDA Soil Conservation Service here in Seward County, I had worked on many of the farms we drove by but times change and now I was unable to recognize the names of people listed on our map as living  in the area.
This afternoon we were entertained  here at the "April Birthday Party" by these three musicians that are called, "Just Us".  We had enjoyed them here before and some years ago down at the Seward Senior Center. They play and sing a wide variety of Country Western, Bluegrass, Religious and old popular songs. Their leader has an excellent voice and did most of the singing. My favorite was, "The Wabash Cannon Ball" which son Jon and I used to sing. We might have to see if we can find one of the old songbooks and try to do some singing when he gets back next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment