Saturday, April 21, 2018

Schweitzer Auction Today

I went down to Harvest Hall at the Seward Fair Grounds this morning for a Schweitzer Auction while Elaine was at the beauty parlor. We have had fewer Auctions this past spring than normal so it drew a good crowd. Since our mid-December Auction I haven't even picked up a "bid number" at the couple I've been to. There were many interesting things which appeared to be selling very well. The "merchandise" seemed to have come from several parties because there wasn't an "'Owner" listed. 
This replica of an old "Roll top Desk" caught my eye but didn't get to see it sell. I miss all the small little drawers that I had at the house and this on had, but didn't consider it seriously.  Elaine was pleased that Grand Daughter Julie took her old manual Royal typewriter. It was the first thing Elaine bought after going to work following HS. There was a "Portable" on this auction that looked just like her old one only smaller. We still miss some of the things that we sold on our Auction 4 months ago but can get a certain amount of pleasure by looking at pictures of them to trigger memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment