Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Good Food at Brookdale.

This was our dessert this noon after a Chicken Dinner with slivered Almonds in green beans, potatoes, and cottage cheese. This ice cream was served in a bowl that reminded me of a Flowerday serving. Shortly after meeting Elaine, brother Don and I stopped by their place on the way home from a baseball game in Staplehurst. We had a date for that evening and I needed to tell her that I would be late. Elaine's family had made home made ice cream and she served Don and I the largest helping ever seen, in a soup bowl. It is one of her many Flowerday traits she retains, for which I am greatful. Then for supper some of us had an excellent Chief's Salad. Elaine took the Tomato slices off mine and gave be Boiled Egg quarters in return. It was exactly what we needed after the large lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment