Friday, April 6, 2018

Irish Soda Bread

Rosellen drew a crowd to the Activity Room this afternoon to see her mix-up an Irish Soda Bread and to serve one loaf just out of the oven. She also had some cinnamon butter to put on it which added to a delicious flavor. I couldn't help but wonder how much Irish "blood" was represented within the group, but was able to refrain from making an issue of it. I suspect that my having 2 Great Grandparents direct from Ireland may rank me pretty high among the group. Rosellen even talked of making some Cherry Kolaches one of these days, and inviting the group back to watch and enjoy a sample. 
I especially enjoy hearing Rosellen talk about things she learned from her Mother and Dad since I knew both of them as young people. Before Elaine and I got serious, I used to dance with Rosellen's Mother pretty often at dances in Bee and Dwight. Her Dad grew up in our area of Seward Counties Bohemian Alps.While we didn't make the connection at the time, they bought Jon and Mary's house back in 1996 when it was sold under a Federal Transfer program when Jon's went back to Washington, D.C.  Not to be outdone, Elaine baked some cookies after we got home that compared very favorably with the Irish Soda Bread.

2 comments:

  1. So who were her parents? I'm sure Elaine's cookies were the best! Whenever I bake chocolate chip cookies, I always think of hers as the best I've ever tasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thank you for sharing such stuff. I like it
    TEAM Traffic Racing

    ReplyDelete