Friday, April 27, 2018

Accordion Jamboree at Brookdale

This group entertained us here at Brookdale this afternoon with their Accordions, Drums and Tuba. Frank leads the group and lives here is Seward but the others come from Polk, Wilber, Clarkson, Wahoo.  They played a great collection of Polkas and Waltzes. One of my favorites was when Elmer and Jean harmonized along with their playing. I also enjoy the "Saddle Horse Polka" and Frank always plays the "3 Crows" (Vrana) polka for us. Elmer, the Tuba player, always sings it, first in Czech and then in English. He really seems to enjoy playing the Tuba and singing.
In visiting with some of the group afterwards, they have a schedule of playing 2-3 times per week during the next Month. They played "When We Parted" as their last number which I remember my Dad playing on his accordion. And, I wondered why Dad never sang it and taught me to play and sing it. I would so enjoy doing that from my chair in the audience if only I could.  As Mothers and Dads, how many things did and do we miss teaching our children. 


No comments:

Post a Comment