Friday, October 13, 2017

Soil Conservation 1935-1985

We were down at the house again this afternoon and I went through some Soil and Water Conservation Society files. This "commemorative art work" recognizing the 50th Anniversary of the Soil Conservation Society of America has been prominently displayed in the stairwell to our house lower-level since 1985. The file told of all 250 numbered limited-edition prints  having been sold except one (and it just happens to be lucky #7). Elaine wrote the $5.00 check of June 9, 1985 and we received it soon after. We put it in a glass frame which has been the "Welcome" to our lower level for the past 32 years. It will probably be one of the last things to be removed when we clean out the house. I believe this was done by an artist called "Buckles" but am not sure. I would appreciate a comment with that information. I am not aware of any name on our copy nor have I ever noticed a number. I recall discussing this with Max Schoeph who was a long time employee of the Society. If he happens to have this post called to his attention, I'm sure he could add to this posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment