Saturday, October 21, 2017

Autoharp

Spectrum, our Internet provider went down last night as I was working on this Autoharp blog. It saved the picture but everything I wrote was lost. It's almost ironic since that is the story on this instrument as well. Elaine bought it for me as a Christmas present in 1981. These were not real happy days and she must have thought it would help get me out of the "doldrums". I just never took to playing it. While Jon was still at home before getting married, he and I would spent many happy hours singing but we haven't since.
 Jon has taken it out of the case a few times when back visiting but never really got in to playing it. A song book came with it that shows the cords that coincide with the buttons on the instrument. It couldn't be any simpler to play. Maybe that's the problem; no challenge!! I don't believe Mother Maybelle Carter's was that simple. We have offered it to Jon at times but it's still here. We are going to have to make a decision in the very near future as to putting it on our Auction in December. What do you think Jon, should we put it in the same box as the accordion?

No comments:

Post a Comment