Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Milestones

I reached a milestone today by pulling out the last file folders from the last file cabinet, box, etc. that we had at the house. It has been a nastoligic trip these past few weeks by going through  some 40 years of files, it's good to get them sorted down to what is now important. This picture and story came from a file of "Letters to the Editor" and was really filed out of place. The file mostly consisted of what I had written to the Editors of the Lincoln Journal Star, Omaha World Herald, and Seward Independent. A copy of the published item was also included with my submission. I had a high rate of publication and going back through them was most enjoyable.
This article was published by the Seward Independent, cut out, laminated and given to us by the Cattle National Bank & Trust Co. It tells of my having achieved the goal of seeing major league baseball games in all 30 of the major league parks ( a record achieved on 2 different occasions but lost as new ball parks  were built). I'm out of date now with the new park this past season in Atlanta. This story caught my eye since getting a phone call on Saturday from Tony telling of  just becoming engaged to be married. He and Jen were both on the phone during the Yankee-Astro game, and they weren't even watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment