Monday, October 30, 2017

New Sweater

I have written about a vest sweater of mine that appears to have gone astray during our move here to Brookdale. While the mystery of the missing sweater remains, Carolyn has provided me with an even better one. It is of the Patagonia brand made in Sri Lanka and sold at Scheel's in Lincoln. This was my first day to "model" it and the collar really proved it's worth. We were down at the house where Elaine did a washing and I did some cleaning up in the front yard. I cut down the Morning Glory vine that had been frosted, blew the leaves off the porch and those under the barberry bushes and then cut them up with the lawn mower. I put on the grass catcher to pick up the residue as well as leaves from part of the yard. The temperature was in the mid thirties with a strong 30-35mph wind blowing out of the north. The new sweater is what made it possible for me to do it.
We had been to Walmart and got gas before going to the house so we didn't have much time between unloading and going to supper. The supper was a little light so we enjoyed some of Gary's Kettle Korn. We also enjoyed a phone call from son Verlon in Richmond, VA. He commented on last night's blog of the grass seeding of our "A" Twp. farm. He and I walked over it a few years ago and had a great time. He was old enough to have helped with the seeding and remembers it well. We did have some question as to where yesterday's picture was taken. I'm sure that it was shot toward the south-east since the road in the background, is an east-west dirt road. I believe that my blogs bring back some memories but also provide the family living away as to what and how we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment