Thursday, October 5, 2017

A New Challange

This is the first picture that I was able to take on an Apple smart phone and be able to send it to my laptop and use it in a blog.  Carolyn got a new phone this morning and had her old one brought up-to-date and gave it to me. She got me set up on it this afternoon but I wondered "if I had bit off more than I could chew". Being able to take, send, and use this picture will give me some confidence and help me sleep better tonight. We had a nice time at our Magazine Club meeting this evening. I reported on an article in the current Smithsonian Magazine that told of people in Belgium growing the worlds largest 2,624 lb Pumpkin. Typically, the largest pumpkins have been grown in the New England area of the US but the Europeans have taken up the challenge. The record Carrot weighed 20 lbs and was grown in Newark, England in 2014; the Green Cabbage record was set in 2012 with a 138 pounder in Palmer, Alaska; the Watermelon record is 350 lbs grown in Sevierville, TN in 2013. Elaine reported on Encyclopedias, Books of Knowledge that don't hold the same status level that they once enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment