Friday, October 6, 2017

Life at Brookdale

I was so pleased with being able to take a picture with my new camera/phone yesterday, that I decided to do it again tonight. This is a view of our living room featuring a painting of the house at the Vrana farm where I grew to adulthood. The clock is an heirloom of Elaine's family. The City of Seward experienced a devastating tornado in the spring of 1913. Elaine's mother and her 9 siblings      combined their efforts and presented the parents, Charles and Anna Koch, with this Seth Thomas, Chiming clock. Elaine inherited it some 40 years ago and we have had it restored a couple times. Elaine winds it about once a week and it's keeping good time. I have written about the little stuffed animals before telling of getting them earlier this year at an Auction at a very low price. We signed the contract today for our Auction to be held in December. Linda went to considerable effort to help us from getting our expectations too high. I think she is practicing the old adage, that "if you get your expectations low enough, anything will make you happy".

No comments:

Post a Comment