Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mother & I

This picture was taken back in the late 1970's while I was back in Seward. Mother and Dad had the beautiful Saucer Magnolia tree in their backyard. The flowers didn't last very long in our Nebraska climate and this shows them at their peak. We often get our last winter freeze when they are in bloom. The USDA Soil Conservation Service had a Regional Training Center in Lincoln and I got out there from D.C. a few times a year. I occasionally took advantage of the opportunity to then come on out to Seward and visit my folks. This picture was taken on a Saturday afternoon which is evident by Mother having been to the Beauty Shoppe where she had an appointment every Saturday morning. I would go to Church with them on Sunday morning; then fly home in the afternoon and be ready to go back to work on Monday morning. These are cherished visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment