Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bluestem Books

We continue to pull out some old pictures to complete our collection of collages. This one is from July 1999. Tim's were back to help celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary which we did on July 3 and stayed on for a few days. We went to Lincoln on Saturday where we visited this Bookstore, the UN-L Campus including the old Coliseum and on out to East Campus for ice cream. Earlier this week, I told Elaine of a new Kiwanian who has an interest in Czech history in Nebraska. She pulled out a booklet on "The History of the Linwood, Nebr. Community". She thought he may be interested in seeing it. I spent about an hour in it last night and didn't remember ever having read it. Neither of us could remember where it came from but assumed I got it at an auction in a box of stuff. This evening as I went back into my 1999 Journal and read about the above picture, I found this notation in regard to our visit at the bookstore: "...I got Ian McHarg's, 'Design with Nature', a good 1908 USDA Ag Yearbook, an excellent Richard Halliburton book, and one on Linwood, NE". What a coincidence, I could have searched forever and not been able to find the source of something I bought over 13 years ago, and here I find it within 2 days of when we first raised the question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment