Thursday, March 21, 2013

Maggie and Technology

This picture of Maggie was taken in May 2004 at Columbus, IN. We were there on a visit that took us to Richmond, VA to visit Verlon; the Washington D.C. area where we visited Jon's family, and saw him receive a MS degree from GWU. 
I have been going through our old pictures and putting together collages of the few years for which it wasn't done previously. In May  '96 we bought a Sony Video Camera/Recorder which we used sparingly for a few years. We also continued to take print pictures with my old 35mm Kodak, an Advantix camera beginning in 1999, and with Digitals  since  '01.   Prints from these are what I am using for my Collages. 
However, some events are on camcorder tape that I wish to use in collages. This image is such a picture. It was obtained by taking the picture of Maggie on the TV screen as the tape was being "played". I haven't as yet figured out how to connect the camcorder directly to the computer so that I might be able to transfer the data on the tapes directly to DVD's. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment