Friday, August 24, 2012

Snoopy & Golf

I came across this clipping of a Peanuts cartoon recently that had been tucked away for safe keeping. It may have been where I got the idea for doing something similar when I have difficulty going to sleep. It doesn't happen very often but will occasionally when I participate in a controversial evening meeting. It's not only the problems of the meeting but every other concern seems to surface and keep me awake. After a bit of tossing and turning, I turn all my problems over to God and start playing the golf course at the Seward Country Club. I tee off on #1 with my Driver, use my 3 wood to get around the corner, my 7 wood gets me on the green where I 2-putt for a par 5. ( I play better in my thoughts than for real). I then use my 3 wood to tee off on the par 3 #2 and continue the process on around the 9 hole course. I don't remember ever "playing" the full 9 holes and am usually asleep after 3 or 4 holes. I was wide awake at 7:30 am this morning while playing with Charley, Chuck and Dale. My game was nothing special but Dale birdied #6, boogied #9, and parred the other 7 holes for a 35. I don't recall ever having played with anyone before while parring  the course. I think he will play with us again tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment