Monday, August 27, 2012

Highlights

This is our book of "Highlights". At the end of each year I go back through my Daily Journal and briefly list what I consider highlights by month and date. When we started this summary some years ago, it took a while to "catch up" by going back through the early years. One big 3-ring binder contains the most important events to remember from the time I started keeping a 5-year Diary when I was 15 years old, through 2011. My criteria of items to be included has varied over the years.  For the first time this year, I am drawing a couple lines along the edge of the page every day of special events as I enter them. The number of pages to cover a year has varied from 2 to 8 . The book is really an "index" to all of my Diaries and Journals. If it were necessary to grab only one item to save if the house was on fire, this book would be it. It should be in a safety deposit box down at the Bank and then I could save this computer. 

1 comment:

  1. Philip bought a Journal at Barnes & Noble as I told him to pick it out and I would pay for it so he could be like Uncle Bud and keep a Journal of his history and adventures! He sent me the receipt today!

    ReplyDelete