Sunday, July 28, 2019

Old Birthday Cards

After nearly 2 years here at Brookdale we continue to come up with things that surprise us. That was the case today as I "found" the cards sent to me in June of 2018 for my 93rd birthday. The cards showed-up while cleaning off a card table set up in the computer room to help with some of the filing material that I've worked on recently. Getting the card table folded up was one of my objectives for the day. We still have the basket of this past June's card which in addition to my Birthday cards, also includes the many 70th Wedding Anniversary Cards which was recognized on June 5th, 2019. We have been through all of them a couple times before we do something like this "collage" with them. Incidentally, I had email from Carolyn and talked to all 3 boys on the phone this evening. Jon passed on the information that USDA Secretary "Sunny" Purdue will be taking a delegation of USDA employees to the Nationals Baseball game in DC tomorrow evening. Jon plans to keep score and says that it was some 50 years ago that Tim taught him how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment