Saturday, July 13, 2019

Family Fun

I worked on "1988 Pictures in Envelopes" today and came across a couple that may be of interest to family. This was taken on Vivian and Eddy Soucek's Patio which was a favorite place to get together when Don and Gladys came up from Syracuse to visit. Dad probably heard a bird calling up in the trees and had to identify it. He couldn't believe how ignorant I was the day I didn't recognize the call of a Cardinal. This one of Mother and Dad in the front yard of our farm house  was always one of my favorites, especially since I started using a cane. I like to think that Dad  may have enjoyed our farm as much as we did, They spent a lot of time out there doing watering when we did some landscaping in the yard. Mother was a good scout and helped do whatever needed to be done. Dad enjoyed working with the little Ford tractor but felt like he was doing more when working the 720 JD Diesel. After having split wood in the early years, he was amazed at how easy it was to do with the splitter hooked up to the 3-point JD system and the Hydraulic hoses in place.

1 comment: