Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Therapy Helping

Josh was here about 3:00pm to top-off my physical therapy for the day. It began with Anenah coming at 10:00 and giving me a good workout. Since the weather was so nice, she suggested we go for a walk including "outdoors". I put on my Windbreaker, cap and used my walker to go out to the garage. She wanted to see how well I could get around in the garage after folding the walker as well and getting in and out of the car. I passed the test. After getting back to our living room, she strapped ankle weights on me and we did the standard sitting and standing exercises. While the weights were not very heavy, they made a noticeable difference after 15 repetitions. Nurse Blake came about 2:30 to do vitals and for discussion. We continue to work on my lack of appetite but believe it is picking up a bit. The milk shakes that Elaine fixes for me once a day is a great treat. Josh checked my blood pressure at 125/68 at about 3:00. My oxygen content readings continue high which is good. I again used my walker to go to the recreation room where I rode the Nu Ride bike for 2, 3minute stretches  without breaks. He suggested that I try moving the level from the 6 to the 7 for part of the ride. We also continued a good long walk over into the Assisted Living component of the building and even went out doors for a while.

\

No comments:

Post a Comment