Friday, April 12, 2019

Good Milk Shake

This 8:00pm Milk Shake Elaine made for me is the first food I've had today that I enjoyed. I ate a respectable breakfast, dinner and supper but wasn't hungry for any of it. Hopefully, I can regain my appetite. 
I went through my setting exercises this morning and did a few of my standing ones which I do holding on to the kitchen sink. At dinner it was announced that the Brookdale set down exercises would be held at 3:00pm this afternoon. I decided to go and was not disappointed. There were 7 of us with only one lady and me as new participants. We sat on chrome kitchen chairs with our leader in front facing us. We were each given 2, 1-lb weights and a strip of red plastic elasticity. She had alerted us that we would be doing 15 repetitions of most exercises but not to hesitate to stop if it became too difficult. I have been doing many of the same moves with the people from Home Health, but this was a real "work-out".  The session lasted for 30 minutes and for the most part, moved from one set right into the next. I did at least twice as much as with my regular therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment