Saturday, April 6, 2019

Final Four

PeeWee Schulz brought some excitement to the Dining Room at Brookdale this noon when he brought a $1,000.00 check to George Downing as the winner of the Beaver Crossing, American Legion lottery drawing last evening. PeeWee had sold several of the lottery tickets at Brookdale, including the winning one to George, so it was only appropriate for him to make the cash presentation. George wasn't at supper this evening so we assumed that he was out celebrating. It was a beautiful day weather-wise with the temperature pushing 80 degrees. Carolyn was down to visit this afternoon and opened our glass patio door to let in some fresh air through the screen. It stayed open until we returned from supper. Elaine and I walked down to the exercise room where I rode a NuRide bike for 6 minutes. I protected my right shoulder by not pulling back the lever with my right arm except for only a few times. I had completely overdone it a few days ago when I rode for 9 minutes and used my right arm through it all. It took our "Ice cube bag" to bring it back to normal. 
We are between games in watching the Final Four of March Madness with Virginia the winner of the game against Auburn. Much of our excitement for these games was reduced when Duke and Zion Williamson were beat by Michigan St. in the "Elite 8".

No comments:

Post a Comment