Monday, April 29, 2019

A Canine Crown Replaced

This picture of our Dentist, Dr. Matt Kunasek was taken a couple years ago but the scene was partially repeated today. I lost the crown off my upper, left Canine on Valentine's Day while eating supper. Fortunately, we were able to retrieve it while still in my mouth. Unfortunately, it was the next morning when I was flown from the Seward Hospital to Bryan in Lincoln with a "collapsed lung". The tooth was of relatively little concern with the second trip back to Bryan and therapy two or three times per week since. I finally got in to see Dr. Matt  who was able to replace the old crown. It wasn't until after his explaining that there was some decay in the remaining stub that should be drilled out and if near the nerve, do a root canal and possibly even install a rod before putting on a new crown. He knows me well enough that it was no surprise that I was reluctant to schedule the procedure. I told him that I was still under therapy and would be willing to see how this simple repair may hold up. There is really little to lose by playing the gamble to see how long I can get by with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment