Saturday, April 27, 2019

Saturday Evening Post

We had signed-up for a Brookdale "joyride" to Garland this afternoon but it was cancelled. I had planned to use the Garland story for my blog page but will use the May-June issue of "The Saturday Evening Post" which we received today. Needless to say, I had plenty  of time for reading. The first article I read was by Seamus O'Mahony who asked the question, "Are we Living Too Long?" and ends with the Editor asking for reader opinion on the statement that "The way medicine is practiced in America today favors longevity over quality of life?"
 I had intended to also write about a couple other articles on D-Day (June 6, 1944) but had trouble with getting it added. The bottom line is that General Eisenhower deserves a lot of credit for the invasion. I have also been upset with some 6 or 7 phone calls tonight wanting to help us get some refund money for something we supposedly spent on a computer. I would hope that the telephone company could trace such calls and people like me could report when they get several calls over a few hours on the same subject which is likely a scam.


No comments:

Post a Comment