Thursday, August 10, 2017

Elaine's Recognition at SWCS Annual Meeting

I got through our files of the Soil and Water Conservation Society Annual Meetings today. It was as though I spent the afternoon visiting with old friends. While I have a significant quantity of material to go to the recycle center on Saturday morning, we will still have our book of Highlights, Pictures, and my Journals to rely on for information. Here is a picture of Elaine who received a Commendation Award at the August, 1995 Annual Meeting of the Society in Des Moines, IA. She was "cited in recognition of 45 years as a strong advocate of SWCS, of spouses taking an active role in the technical aspects of Society activities, and for her positive influence to many young people entering the field of conservation. She volunteered more than 1500 hours of highly effective and efficient time helping the Society headquarters fulfill responsibilities". The volunteer work at the Society Headquarters was during the time I served as Executive-Vice President from 1989 through '91. Pictured here are Dayle Williamson, Paul Johnson, Elaine and I. Elaine proudly reminds me that the framed certificate is prominently displayed in my Den Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment